- 3.9 million: Stock estimates of Filipinos abroad whose stay overseas is employment-related, as of 2009, according to the Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO)
- 1.4 million: Deployed overseas Filipino workers, according to the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) as of 2009
- 1,092,162: Deployed land-based OFWs (POEA, 2009)
- 330,424: Deployed sea-based OFWs (POEA, 2009)
- 61.3 percent: Land-based OFWs deployed in the Middle East, the top destination of deployed land-based OFWs, or 669,042 out of 1,092,162 land-based OFWs (POEA, 2009)
- 710,557: Land-based OFWs who are employed as household service workers, the top occupation of deployed land-based OFWs (POEA, 2009)
- $6.2 billion: OFW remittances from January to April 2011, according to the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas
From: “Fast Facts: Overseas Filipino Workers”. Inquirer News.com. 18 June 2011. Web. 19 June 2011.